Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Excellent start to 2010!

Happy New Year! We are only a few days into the new year but I think its going to be a good one. Things are definitely looking up. Shaun had his scans yesterday to look for any out growth of cells and they were totally CLEAR!! This is excellent news. It means between his surgeon physically removing the tumors and the chemo attacking any remaining cells, nothing has been able to grow out. Yay!! The doctor was also impressed with how his body is tolerating the chemo. Most other patients have to drop down the dosage by now due to the side effects, especially the neuropathy. Luckily, Shaun's side effects have been tolerable and he is able to maintain maximum killing dosage! It is so cold here, especially this week, so I hope the neuropathy doesn't get worse (cold triggers it). So 2010 has already brought us some hope.

In other news, we've had a lot of fun visiting friends and family over the break including a trip to Bloomington to see an IU basketball game. We also went to Amy and Dan's house where our competetive spirits came out for a Gingerbread House decorating competition! You can vote for your favorite house on their blog.... http://lundfamilyfun.blogspot.com/ I can't tell you which one is ours, but I can say Shaun and I are in the lead! please continue to vote for us....Shaun has cancer, he deserves your vote!

More pictures and fun stories of Bryce to come. Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Amy said...

What a cheap shot! Asking for cancer sympathy votes for your gingerbread house. Both look Great!

Barki's said...

awesome!! i'm so happy. and yes, that was such a cheap shot for the sympathy votes :)

Bryce is such a cutie, Maya thinks so too. She laughed so hard at his video dancing. The kissing is too cute too.

Glad y'all are doing well!

Anonymous said...

seriously playing the cancer card? crazy! glad the scans came back so positive! i knew he would lance armstrong this thing! ;o)

The Dodds said...

PRAISE GOD!!!!!! I'm so excited about your wonderful news! God is so big that He can just keep on surprising those doctors with complete remission in 2010!!! Thank you so much for letting us all know your wonderful news! I'm still a prayer warrior for you guys! Happy New Year!