Well, the summer is coming to an end which I can tell by the household hanging out at a Wheeling High School football game tonight. As it cools off, Shaun, Bryce and I want to spend even more time outside. This past weekend we visiting my sister Amy and her husband Dan. Bryce still is pretty wary of his Uncle Dan, but we did see some sweet moments when they held hands by Lake Springfield. While in the capital of IL, we enjoyed the State Fair!! Bryce got to see lots of animals which normally he just hears his mom and dad imitate (poorly). His eyes lit up when he heard all the sheep and was in total awe of the little ducklings. Finally, he could see yellow ducks like in books and his bathtub not the brown ones out in the lake.
We also got to hangout with Shaun's friend Ravi and his wife Jen who also live in Springfield. Their daughter, Naya, is about 2 months younger than Bryce so they were perfect playmates. They even shared a first kiss. It was precious, and all caught on film. Bryce needs to learn to keep his mouth closed, but otherwise, adorable. We wish we weren't so far away so Bryce and Naya could play together more often, they really played well.
Also this week, Bryce went to the Brookfield zoo and showed me all his favorite spots. The weather was cool enough that all the animals were out and about, including the bear sloth that has not moved in over 25 years! (According to a guy who has been going to the zoo that long and claims he has never seen him move). Despite some huge molars coming in and a bit of a cold, Bryce was the perfect little boy at the zoo. We all had a wonderful time.
So thats the Bryce and family updates. As for Shaun, he is doing well, really strong but preparing to get stronger before his next round of treatment. His latest scan found some whatnot on his liver so his doctors are working together to devise a suitable plan of attack. Probably surgery and possibly chemo before, after or both. We should know more in the next couple of weeks. Look out for Shaun as he buffs up on P90X and eats 3000 calories a day to prepare.
Enjoy the pictures.
6 comments:
I LOVE MY NEPHEW!! I loved having everyone visiting. Bryce and I even got some snuggle time! Love having you visit and that I get to see you three weekends in September! YEAH!!
ALWAYS thinking of you guys!
Those are great pictures! The zoo looks awesome- those are some lucky animals! :) We'll be praying for Shaun as he gets ready for the next step... you'll have to post pictures of him post-P90X. ;)
I love the one of Bryce kissing his girlfriend! so cute. sounds like he's definitely an animal lover too!
Dude - tongue at less than 2 yrs? What has Shaun been teaching the kid while you are at work? You better watch out. I like the one where Woody is the passenger and Bryce is driving. Tell Shaun massive calorie consumption is my game, so if he has any q's, send him my way ;-)
No one has noticed that a.) the picture is of a brown bear not a sloth bear mentioned in the text and b.) Bryce is flicking off the camera as he is kissing Naya.
I love p90X! That will get Shaun ready! I'm jealous about the 3000 calorie diet... he is going to be strong & ready for whatever comes his way! Praying for strength & miracles for you guys! Love y'all!
Post a Comment