Thursday, August 11, 2011
Happy Birthday, Shaun!!
Well, you made it! These last two years have been challenging to say the least. But you made it to another birthday. Statistics say you shouldn't be here, but you are still fighting and I love you so much for your strength. I'm amazed every day at what you are able to endure and how you persevere. Instead of complaining that I hurt you by stabbing you with a needle, you reassure me that I did fine and that it didn't hurt (much). That is what sets you apart from the rest of the world. You care enough about everyone else to protect us from your pain and are strong enough to keep going when others would have given up. You are the source of strength that keeps me going and our family afloat. You continue to amaze me. I know today is pretty bad on the discomfort scale and it sucks to be on chemo on your birthday, but I know you are doing it so you can see next year's celebration. You promised me 82, so by my calculations, you have 48 more celebrations to go. Happy Birthday, Shaun. I love you so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Making me cry at work. Not fair! Love you guys big and wishing at least 48 more celebrations!
-Jen
Happy birthday, Shaun!
that was beautiful Melissa... Shaun you are amazing! We love you man!
Post a Comment